3. September 2012 22:28
Not that I am a CSS guru. Far from… But these type of measuring got me thinking about mobile design. It opens a lot of opportunities to get your site easier readable on mobile devices…
- Vw means viewport width,
- Vh becomes the viewport height
- Vmin for the smallest of the two above (vw & vh)
Browser support currently: Chrome20+, Safari 6 en IE9. (or check here for more up-to-date information http://caniuse.com/viewport-units).
2. September 2012 18:55
There are a few ways to send you e-mail from azure.
As I wrote in the azure forums november last year, these are some options:
- A free SMTP server from Live, Gmail or yahoo
- Your proper smtp server (from your internet provider with smtp authentication)
- Office 365. Use exchange to send out e-mail. It costs $ 4,50/month for an account. Office 365 offers exchange mailboxes as well as POP3 and SMTP connections. The exchange mailboxes can be accessed using Exchange Web Services.
- Another solution, but it will require extra development, is the Amazon simple e-mail service (http://aws.amazon.com/ses/)
But you might be interested in one additional option. Sendgrid is a SMTP gateway provider. They offer currently a free 25000 emails / month subscription for Windows Azure users. Sending e-mails can be done using an API or just over regular SMTP.
1. September 2012 14:55
Making lots of screenshots from your browser? Then look at the new firefox command line developer tools.
- Type SHIFT + F2
- type “screenshot myfile.png”
- hit return, and you have a screenshot saved in your downloads directory.